Presbyterian Women understands that scripture asks us to be the hands and feet of Christ in the world. As such, Presbyterian Women provides information about justice and peace and ministry to inform mission and community-building work.
Presbyterian Women in the Synod (PWS) builds community; affirms women’s calls to leadership and spiritual growth; and serves as a link between Presbyterian Women in the Presbyteries and Presbyterian Women Churchwide.
At the most basic level, every PWS group
• elects its own leadership—the coordinating team;
• plans and implements a yearly program and determines its own budget;
• participates in PW programming, such as PW/Horizons Bible study, mission, racial equity, or justice and peace work;
• supports the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) worldwide;
• develops the leadership abilities of women;
• preserves historical records of PW in the Synod; and
• maintains connections with PW at other governing body levels
• sends a representative to the Churchwide Coordinating Team (national board of directors)