The Synod of Lakes and Prairies has a long-standing commitment to college, church-related and ecumenical ministries within the bounds of the Synod. The Synod’s Strategic Service and Witness Committee fulfills its mission by supporting and maintaining relationships with these varied ministries while contributing to their success through its grant program. These grants are made possible by the Westminster Endowment of the Synod.
The Synod will consider grant proposals that:
- provide short-term financial support to help established ministries become self-sustaining;
- seed money for new ministries or initiatives of established ministries; or
- support leadership development opportunities for professional or volunteer ministry leaders.
Who should apply?
- Those who are involved in ministry to college students, or ministries of institutions or organizations with ecclesiastical or ecumenical ties with the Synod of Lakes and Prairies are encouraged to apply.
- Only institutions and organizations within the bounds of the Synod of Lakes and Prairies are eligible.
How to apply
Download and complete the below application. Submit via email to staff liaison of the Strategic Service and Witness Committee, Elona Street-Stewart, email@example.com.
College/Church-related/Ecumenical Ministry Grant Application Guidelines
College/Church related/Ecumenical Ministry Grant Application