In May of 2019 the Synod of Lakes and Prairies became the first Synod to sign on to the Matthew 25 vision and initiative of the PC(USA). As a result, our strategic priorities reflect the three priorities in this initiative:
- Dismantling Structural Racism
- Eradicating Systemic Poverty, and
- Building Congregational Vitality.
We aim to help multiply this loving commitment to radical and fearless discipleship by partnering with our presbyteries and congregations to encourage all to embrace one or more of these three focuses:
- Building congregational vitality by challenging people and congregations to deepen their faith and get actively and joyfully engaged with their community and the world.
- Dismantling structural racism by advocating and acting to break down the systems, practices and thinking that underlie discrimination, bias, prejudice and oppression of people of color.
- Eradicating systemic poverty by working to change laws, policies, plans and structures in our society that perpetuate economic exploitation of people who are poor.
Learn more at Matthew 25 Ministry